02/06/2012

Crawling to the finish line...

I am so nearly finished with FMP and College! I am quite pleased that at the moment I am at the calm before the potential storm and I haven't had a mental stress breakdown! (yet)
Since I last blogged I have achieved quite a lot I think. Along with spending 4 days helping clear the art block of furniture, putting up wooden boards, painting and scrubbing floors for the end of year exhibition at College, I have finished my 4 designs, made a net maxi dress with Shibori and an under skirt, made a printed jacket with net sleeves and a pair of printed trousers, sanded and painted my shoes silver, made a pattern and toile for the straps, started the final straps, come up with a branding concept for my collection, made a website for the collection/brand and listened to Madeon's "Finale" teaser about 200 times!

Mmmmm so Silver...


I spent the whole of this afternoon making this paper mock up/pattern for my shoes, which fits my feet exactly and should support the weight of the wood! (And look AWESOME hopefully)!...

The front...
(My sisters feet btw, I couldn't wear the shoes and take the photo)...
 

The side...
 

I designed the pattern, so it could be layed out flat and cut out of fabric. To make this happen I had to split the pattern in two, so I have one seam to sew! I must say, I am rather chuffed that I got it to work!

Making the fabric toile with my flat strap patterns...
 

You will just have to wait a bit longer to see the final shoes :) I don't want to jinx anything before the Fashion show rehearsals :P

My tutor said I needed to improve my illustrations, so I have come up with these...still working on the 4th one...




Sorry about the poor photo quality!

To go with my vacuum formed top I designed a flowy jacket and a pair of flowy trousers, both with a QR code pattern screen printed on them! The QR code links to the brand website I made. I don't have a smart phone with a QR code scanner but some of my class mates do and they scanned my fabric... and it worked :) Very exciting!!!...


I haven't got any pictures of the finished trousers, but you get the idea :) The are very floaty :) And see through :/

Here is a photo of the jacket toile.. Again, no finished garment photos, sorry :(


As usual music has been very helpful at keeping me calm :P

Here is what I have been listening to this week...





< 3




No comments:

Post a Comment

< 3