18/05/2012

1 WEEK LEFT :o :O :o

Hi, I would just like to say, THERE IS ONLY ONE WEEK OF TEACHING LEFT! :O I am sort of on the fence about this; on one hand there is one week left of tutor's "help and advice", but on the other hand, there is only one week of early starts and buses and waisting my time because of annoying sewing machines :P I will still have to go in to sort out my exhibition space and use photoshop and the good printers, but I will have more time to sew at home and complete folio pages....so yeah...i'm inbetween stressed and chillin :)

Here is what I have been up to this week...

Making my top for my second outfit...

I made a plain black top...


Cut up bright fabric into small pieces...



Sandwiching the bright fabric in between two layers of black fabric, I embroidered small circles...


Fully embroidered...


Then...I BURNT IT!
With a soldering iron, to melt the top black layer and reveal the bright fabric underneath...


I also cut and shaped my vacuum forming...


I finished sawing the shoes! A saw will never have to touch these ever again! Just need to sand and paint them, and attach straps! They are really worrying me though, as they are pretty lethal to walk in, so wearing them for the fashion show is looking iffy :/ Might just have to carry them on a platter like a waitress...
 

I have started outfit 3! Yaay! I am currently boiling the fabric with coins in, using the Shibori technique to make the fabric bobbly :)...
 

I also finished my laser cut top, well...almost! It now has straps, but I have still got to peel off all the plastic on them and attach patterned acetate to some of the mirrors...
 


So 2 outfits and 2 halves done! In the end I hope to have 4 outfits and possibly a brand concept too... A logo and brand name, advertising campaign and promotional items! (Hopefully:/)

Fingers Crossed!

< 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

< 3