13/05/2012

An Eventful Week...

I'M SO TIRED :(
Just saying...expect spelling and grammar mistakes...

Monday was a bank holiday and Tuesdays I always have off College, so I dedicated these two days to full on non-stop sewing! I finished my first skirt and made my second skirt...

Awful photos, sorry, I promise at the end of this project you will get decent photos of the stuff I have made...




I have still got to thread plastic tubing into the top layers of the skirts, which is proving very difficult, to say the least!

I also had a go at vacuum forming plastic. I made a plastic bodice for my 3rd outfit...

First my friends helped me create a mod rock cast of my body (behind you can see me wrapped in cling film...


I used this to create a clay mould...



I added beads to create detail...


My mould in the vacuum former...


The plastic laying over the top, which gets heated so its bendy...


When the plastic is bendy enough, the mould gets pulled up and vacuumed so the plastic gets sucked around it ...


WOOO, my plastic bodice...


I made a white one too...


I started cutting it to create an unusual bodice shape (not finished, so don't judge the wonkiness)...


 I worked at East all weekend, so I haven't done anything else :/ Oooops!

Ideally I would like to have my first two outfits completed and my third almost done if not finished by Friday! You'll just have to wait and see :)

< 3







2 comments:

  1. these bodices look amazing! i wish we had the equipment to do that! would love that for my FMP, keep it up your designs look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

< 3