11/03/2012

Work Experience with Lara Sparks!

For the past few Tuesdays I have been working with Lara Sparks; a machine embroiderer who I met at the Made fair, the last time I went to Brighton!

I had a lovely time working with Lara and I learnt alot!!!

Over the few weeks I was there I made a butterfly brooch and almost two cushions, one of which is now in a gallery. ( Can't remember which gallery..? Oooops!)
Anyway...here are some pictures of the things I made and of Lara's lovely cushions and work room...

Cutting out the pieces for the first cushion...


Some of Lara's work...


Probably my favourite of Lara Sparks' cushions...


Brighton Pavillion cushion...


Her work room...



Me looking errrr....? Whilst working on the second cushion...


My "Things We Love" cushion, almost finished...


Close up...


Machine Embroidered butterflies, by moi...

 

A JAM panel on my "Things We Love" cushion, because... well...we all love Jam!...


I am definately sad not to be going back next week :( But I had a lovely time with Lara!!!

< 3

P.S. Blimey!!! How many times did I say "Cushion"?! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

< 3