25/04/2012

The blocks of wood are looking more like shoes!

So, you saw the other day what my carved wooden shoes were looking like!
 I took them into College with the hope of using a band saw to cut the foot shape out (basically let the machine do all the work for me)! I was told that the shoes were too high and the wood was too thick to cut on a machine D: So for most of this week I have been furiously sawing them by hand to get them looking more like shoes...

I have started to sand down the right one. That is why they look different...



I have been looking at United Nude's shoes for design inspiration...




Want these the most! Swap?


I am bricking it about wearing mine down the catwalk at our end of year fashion show! I have already fallen over EPICLY in them :/

Speaking of the fashion show, I have kinda shot-gunned this song for my 2 minutes (or so...?) of the fashion show...


I have only decided on 1 final design so far and I need 3 by Friday :/...




The above pictures are a mash-up of my 1st final design!

I want to cut the triangles out of mirrored acrylic. I worked out (by cutting out lots of card triangles) that I will need about 75 triangles to make the top! When I told the technician this....Well as you can imagine she was not happy, so I have got to re-size them so that I only need 40 max!

Card mock up...


< 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

< 3