25/07/2012

Up-Cycling : Peplum Style!

Just after Christmas I bought this polka dot pencil skirt in the Topshop sale. It was £5 because it had a massive rip in the lining, so I decided to fix it and shorten it slightly to fit me. I was happy with this for a few months, until the other day I realised I had only worn it once... I think I was being too optimistic trying to suit a pencil skirt. I just don't have the legs!

Soooo, I thought I would have another go at changing it (in a more drastic form this time) to make a PEPLUM TOP :)

The skirt before...


I usually make my own patterns, but I found a top from a dress patttern that I wanted to try! It was a tight fit getting all the pattern pieces on the fabric, so I had to combine the polka dot fabric with some plain black left over scraps from FMP! I think there is a bit of a bias cut issue on the back of the top, where I had to rotate the pattern to fit it on the fabric :P
Oh well no one will know! (Shouldn't have told you that) Ha!

The skirt layed out flat...



You can see how much of a squeeze it was... I had to fold most of the pattern over to fit it on my last scraps...
 

Some serious tailoring going on there! Btw patterns are sooo not size accurate! It's best to cut a size larger so you can take it in if neccessary...
 

Almost finished! I'm not showing you pictures of the back yet, as I still need to sort out the zip!
I will post final photos soon!



< 3

What I have been listening to today...

Absolutely LOVE Xilent!...


Also really enjoying Darwin Deez today! Especially his lyrics :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

< 3